Enel Green Power has been approved to construct 34 wind turbines south of the Village of Mannville within the County of Minburn and County of Vermilion River. Upon completion, the project will generate approximately 152 MW of power back to the Alberta grid. Construction will commence in April 2022 with a planned turbine in-service date by the end of 2022.
The laydown yard and future operations and maintenance building is located on the intersection of Hwy 881 and Twp Rd 500.
|April 2022||Road improvements commence, MET tower erection|
|May 2022||Main road improvements complete|
|June 2022||Intersection upgrades complete|
|July 2022||Turbine erection|
|December 2022||Project in-service|
Any questions or concerns, please contact Karina Cail, Assistant Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community and landowner inquiries: Toll Free - 1-800-430-9285
May 12, 2022 Update:
- MET towers have been erected.
- County road improvements continue and are expected to be completed in the next few weeks.
- Temporary road widening and turning radii will be scheduled at a later date.
- Calcium chloride dust suppression is scheduled to start on Friday, May 13.
- Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) permit and Water Act approvals have been approved; private access road activity will increase and pad construction will continue.
- Turbine foundation construction commencing.
- Underground utilities planned to commence install on May 24.
April 4, 2022 Updates:
- Contractor (Pennecon) commencing County road improvements on Rge Rd 83, starting from the south at Twp Rd 490 and working north. Construction traffic includes graders and gravel trucks.
- Contractor will be performing preconstruction civil work on private landowner's property.
- In the areas of work activity, construction signage will be in place.
Map of haul routes, turbine locations, and intersection upgrades:
Visit the Developer's website for further details on the project.