Highways – Website for Alberta Transportation
Roadata – Overweight & oversize vehicle permits 1-888-830-7623
Road Use Agreement

A TAC Permit is required for tridem axles or loads exceeding a GVW of 53,500 kg. This permit allows tridem axles and/or vehicle configurations with a GVW greater than 53,500 kg to operate on local roads at the same legal maximum weights as on Provincial Highways, as per Alberta Regulation 315/2002. A tridem axle is restricted to 17,000 kg on any municipal roadway unless a TAC Permit is acquired.

The TAC Permit can be obtained through RoaData Services.