The County of Minburn No. 27 is currently recruiting for a full time IT/GIS Coordinator. Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the employee in this position shall be responsible for the operation of the County’s IT and GIS platforms and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the County’s IT network environment, software, and infrastructure
- Troubleshooting both common and complex IT issues with staff and 3rd party vendors
- Ensuring the County’s IT network and email is protected from cyber threats
- Lead the creation and implementation of IT related policies and procedures
- Responsible for the GIS and AVL programs in the County
- Helping County better utilize its investment in GIS technology
- Working with the County’s 3rd Party GIS/AVL provider
- Assist in building a fluency amongst staff in GIS and its ancillary technologies
- Prepare graphics, maps, and spatial analysis for all departments
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and expertise in either IT Management or Geographic Information Systems (GIS); and be able and willing to build a proficiency in the non-expertise field
- 3 years’ experience in either IT Management or GIS
- Experience in a municipal setting would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills that can explain complex technologies in a comprehensible manner.
- Understanding of Automated Vehicle Locator (AVL) technology
- Experience or willingness to learn to operate an aerial drone.
- Familiarity and experience working with various technological platforms, including Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Microsoft 2K12 Servers, QGIS or equivalent, GeoMedia.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Salary: Dependent upon experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: 1:00 pm – November 27th, 2019
Email Resume to: email@example.com
Inquiries on this position can be made to the above email address or via telephone: 780-632-2082
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.