1. Written confirmation of liability insurance for stubble burning will be required from the insurance agent or insurance company when a request for a fire permit to burn stubble is received from the landowner.
    2. The permittee is totally responsible for the safe control of the burning herein authorized.
    3. A minimum 50 foot cultivated fire guard is to be prepared (fire guard means an area around the proposed burn area where appropriate action has been taken to stop the spread of the fire to areas not meant to be burned).
    4. A minimum of two adults must be in attendance at all times during the burn period.
    5. A maximum of 40 acres is allowed to be burned in any one occurrence.
    6. Burning cannot occur unless winds are under 12km/hr in order not to endanger any adjacent property, and wind conditions must be such that any smoke emanating from the burn will not create a road or public hazard.
    7. Tractors and field implements capable of guarding the fire are to be in place at all times during the burn.
    8. If burning is authorized within a ½ mile of a provincial highway, the permittee must post smoke hazard signs available from Alberta Transportation.
    9. Burning permits should not be issued in the fall if it would leave the soil vulnerable to erosion.
    10. The permittee must notify the County Fire Chief at least 1 hour prior to burning. 
    11. The permittee must abide by any regulations or conditions for stubble burning stated on the fire permit issued by The County of Minburn.


NOTE:   “Stubble” means any harvested or unharvested herbaceous plants or plant parts, standing, spread or in swathed windrows grown on land.


Bylaw No. 1249-16 to amend Bylaw No. 1171-04 was approved to provide for the regulation and control of the distribution, sale and use of fireworks within the County of Minburn No. 27.

7A.2 No person shall obtain, purchase, set off, discharge or otherwise handle Fireworks within the County without the written permission of the County Chief.

Effective immediately a permit must be obtained before discharging fireworks within the municipal boundaries of the County of Minburn.

Fireworks Permits are available at the County of Minburn Administration Office located in Vegreville.

For more information please contact County of Minburn Fire Chief Mike Fundytus at (780) 632-2082 or via e-mail at

If you are not the land owner, a permission letter is required to obtain a Fireworks Permit.
Fireworks Permission Letter